Friday, February 25, 2011

Back from work!

Thankfully, I found out that instead of the 3-day weeks I've been having (Sounds good at first, but also entails a $60 paycheck after taxes and health insurance!), I will be working four days next week, possibly 5 if a coworker goes through with wanting me to work for her.

I am finding myself much more content nowadays; I think it has to do with more living in the moment, and paying attention to what I am doing *now*, rather than trying to cram long term planning into every moment of my life.  It has its place, of course, but that's what I'd be doing then, after all.

Thankfully, I received my paycheck today; unfortunately, it was the lowest yet, $54, due to the fact that my hours from doorhanging are on my next paycheck,  Hopefully it will be an even bigger one then, at least, but at least I will have something to look forward to!

I have been trying to re-open my online activites; before I usually just was passive, looking at videos and lurking on forums, with the occasional irc visit.  However, that is even less healthy socially than just staying online all day, because at least then you are communicating with actual humans.  I am hoping that this will help me reconnect with some old friends, which would of course be wonderful.

 Tomorrow I will go by the temp agency before I have to go in to my first job, to hopefully pick up some side work.  Who knows, last time I went there I got a 10-month job out of it, which only ended because the project I was helping with finished, and therefore had no more funding.  Perhaps I will be as lucky this time; I sure will hope for it.

-Joel de Bunchastu

No comments:

Post a Comment