Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Potato fruits and bizzare commercials

I like to read about random things when I look around wikipedia and TV Tropes, and found out something a bit interesting, albeit something most people probably knew already!  Potatoes are part of the Deadly Nightshade family, which I was vaguely aware of, but apparently certain varieties, when the flowers don't fall off, develop actual fruits!  Unfortunately, these fruits are apparently highly toxic, as befits such a plant, but it looks oddly refreshing to me at least; almost like a green grape tomato.

In other news, there has been one commercial lately that has put me off; I usually record the tv shows I watch, and therefore fast forward through the commercials.  This time, however, I had just let them play as I read, but noticed a disturbing thing about this commercial for computers.  A family returns home to find their house has been burglarized, but their outdated computer has been left intact; this in itself isn't disturbing, but the fact that they are insulted that the computer was left behind!  Indeed, once they arrive at Average Purchase, they show surprise that they could port over information!  The last thing they say chills me, "Now this is a computer they'd want to steal!"

Yes, let's encourage crime and endanger your family!  Who cares about your family's safety, we want EVERYTHING stolen, because we aren't some lower class family whose objects aren't worth stealing!

Hoping you guys don't get Bilbo Bagginsed

-Joel de Bunchastu

No comments:

Post a Comment