Sunday, March 6, 2011

Times have changed

Hurrah, my schedule hasn't changed, so I do indeed have more hours this week!  I celebrated by watching the Death Note live action movie I just got from Netflix; it's a lot better than I thought, and have immediately queued up the two sequels, even the one that isn't apparently based on the manga.

I enjoy how some events had been changed; I will not mention specifics, but they tend to streamline the storytelling process, perhaps a bit too much!  When the movie ended, I was not expecting it, to say the least, but I actually was left wanting to see more, which movies rarely do anymore. 

I watched Ichi the Killer as well, which I actually enjoyed also, despite my fears of it being uninteresting, gore aside.  I haven't watched a lot of japanese horror movies, despite my like of anime and such, so maybe its time to expand the genres I watch...

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them!  In the meantime, I'll look on Netflix and local video stores~

Cheers
-Joel de Bunchastu

No comments:

Post a Comment